These cookies should be quite soft when they are taken out of the oven so that when they cool down they are crisp on the outside but moist and chewy inside.
- 110g/4oz unsalted butter, softened
- 110g/4oz golden caster sugar
- 110g/4oz light muscovado sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 170g/6oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150g/5oz white chocolate, cut into small chunks
- 85g/3oz dried sweetened cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Beat the butter together with the sugar. With a fork beat the egg together with the vanilla essence and add this to the butter mixture.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add this to the butter and egg mixture and blend well. Mix in the chunks of white chocolate and cranberries.
- Make the cookies: line four baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
- Using your hands, form the dough into walnut-sized balls and arrange on the baking sheets spaced well apart.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.